Sunday, August 22, 2010

First Day of 1st Grade










Leah started her first day of first grad August 16th at St. Garbriels. She was very excited/nervous but everything went pretty well, Mary took her and had to leave quickly before she and Leah started crying. Brian worked from home so he could pick her up. I called to see how her first day went and she told me she found the water fountain and bathroom so everything was good.



Kylie's first day was August 18th at Fox Elementary in Arnold. Julie took her to her first day of class and everything went well. I picked up Leah on this day and we had lunch at Steak and Shake and then Leah went with me to pick up Kylie. She was excited to see Leah.


In the evening of August 18th, Dylan's preschool teacher Mrs. Trah (she was Kylie's and Leah's preschool teacher also) came for a home visit. Dylan was very excited and welcomed Mrs. Trah into our home. Mrs. Trah sat in a chair and Dylan proceeded to climb up in the chair with Mrs. Trah and asked if she brought games to play. Mrs. Trah said she did not have any games but did have games at school. Dylan accepted that information. Mrs. Trah started to ask Dylan some questions, she pointed at Julie and asked Dylan "Who is that", he said, "My Julie!" Julie got very excited and said he doesn't call me Julie, he calls me Mommy. Mrs. Trah, says "What do you call her?" Dylan says "Julie". We rolled. Then Mrs. Trah said who is that, pointing to Kylie, he said "Kylie, my sister". Then Mrs. Trah said who is missing, Dylan looked around and said "Leah", Mrs. Trah said yes, Leah is not here but who is missing that lives in your house, he said "My Daddy." It was a great visit and we told Mrs. Trah, we would pray for her.


Mrs. Trah also visited Sissy on Friday, August 20th, her visit went well but she did tell Mrs. Trah, don't call me MaryAnn, call me Sissy. So now we know what name she will be using and I dare someone to call her MaryAnn. Dylan and Sissy start school on Tuesday, August 31st, stay tuned for more updates.


No comments:

Post a Comment