Sunday, January 15, 2012

Vacation to New Orleans, June 2011











1st day - After driving about 30 minutes Charlie announces to Mom and Dad, I see New Orleans, he was only about 7 hours and 30 minutes early.

1st Rest stop - Charlie calls his private a "trunk", like on a elephant. Charlie went to the potty and then told his dad, I am going to watch you daddy, as Brian is peeing in the urinal. Charlie looks up and says, Daddy why is your trunk so big? Brian laughs and then the urinal flushes and Charlie is upset that he didn't get to flush it, it was an automatic flusher, Brian tells Charlie that there is a monkey in the wall behind the toilet and always flushes it when you are done so now we hear all the time the monkey flushes the toilet. Too funny.

In New Orleans we had connecting rooms with Brian and Mary and the kids, since each room has 2 double beds, I volunteered to have one of the three sleep with me and they would take turns. Everything was good the first night. The 2nd night, Bob's snoring was so loud I couldn't sleep and there was nowhere for me to go, so in desperation I took 3 pillows and some beach towels and slept in the bathroom, finally some peace and quiet.


No comments:

Post a Comment