Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Sissy the Angelic Middle Child




Sissy is something else. She is very independent. She has the face of an angel but can turn in the blink of an eye. Mary would tell me stories of Sissy telling her she was not the best Mom in the world but I had never received that treatment from her. Well, I am no longer a virgin. A couple of weeks ago, we took Dylan, Charlie and Sissy to Suson Park to play on the playground and visit the animals, this is one of the favorite parks for the kids. It was a beautiful October morning. The kids were happy and having a ball. After a while, Dylan and Charlie went for the swings. I told Sissy, lets go over on the swings. Sissy said she wanted to climb the rock. Now this rock is about 12 feet high. I hate it. Sissy is not the most coordinated child. I said no lets go to the swings right now. She started screaming at the top of her lungs. People started looking at me, I didn't even have my hands on her. She proceeded to scream and then it came, "You are not the best Maw Maw in the world." I was heartbroken, I immediately guided her by her shoulders to a bench and told her to sit over there til she calmed down. She kept screaming on the bench. After a few minutes I went over to her and tried to explain why I didn't want her to climb the rock, that I didn't want her to get hurt. It wasn't helping. Finally after about 10 minutes she started to calm down and she went for the swings and all was forgotten. Later that day I told Mary that I was not the best Maw Maw in the world and that GiGi is now the only best Grandma in the world. She told me no, that wasn't true, that GiGi was also told she was not the best GiGi in the world. So I didn't feel so bad, I am in good company now.

Another cute story about Sissy. When she broke her finger or should I say when Charlie broke Sissy's finger, her fingernail turned black and blue. Well, on Oct. 29th, we took the kids to the Magic house and while they were playing in the water, Sissy told me look Maw Maw my fingernail, I looked at it and she was lifting half her nail up. I got her a band aid and put it on her finger because I didn't want it to get torn off. Later that night she showed her Mom and Dad her nail and told them her nail was winking at her. I rolled when they told me that. Her fingernail winks. Toooooo funny.

About a week ago, Mary told me that Sissy knows when she needs to poop on the potty but sometimes they think she gets lazy, so if she poops in her pants, I need to spank her. Well, a few days later, I was putting Dylan and Sissy down for quiet time. We always go to the bathroom before we go down. Dylan peed and Sissy pooped and peed. All was well, until about 10 minutes later Sissy comes out with a smile on her face and said she pooped in her pants. I said you know what that means... she said she gets a spanking on her butt. I looked at Bob and said I can't spank her. I went into the bathroom and cleaned her up and I gave her a talking to about how disappointed I am in her pooping in her pants, nothing seemed to phase her. We went back into her room and it was a mess from the 3 of them playing in there earlier that day. I told her, your punishment for pooping in your pants is cleaning up this room by yourself. She started screaming, I don't want to clean it up by myself, I said too bad. You don't get a snack or go home till it is cleaned up. She continued screaming, I walked out and closed the door. I heard screaming for about 20 minutes. She then came out of her room, all smiles and singsonged, MawMaw I cleaned my room, can I get my snack now. I immediately hugged her and let her have her snack. She goes from evil Sissy to Angelic Sissy in a blink of an eye. It is so funny.

The last funny story happened, I think it Monday night 11-1-10, Mary was making supper and Sissy asked to play with play dough, Mary said no, you can play with it after supper. Sissy immediately went to her room and got out the play dough and started playing. Nora saw this and said to Sissy, didn't your Mom tell you, you couldn't play with your play dough? Mary heard this and replied, yes, Sissy, put that away. Sissy screamed "No!" Mary said fine, if you don't put it away, I will throw it away. Mary left and Sissy turned to Nora and said, "Nora, my Mom just don't understand me." She cracks me up.

These are some of the adventures of our middle Grandchild.

No comments:

Post a Comment